I keep being all "I'm so exhausted and want to be asleep NAO, but it's too early to go to bed" to "fuck it, it's not like I'm awake enough to be productive anyway, and I'll probably end up sleeping until a decent hour given how sleep-deprived I am", to getting a second wind that'll probably keep me up too late again. My body is stupid. I just hope that having three shifts that start at 8 am or earlier over the course of 5 days will turn me into a more diurnal person again, assuming these next two days off don't fuck that up.
So, for the longest time I didn't wash my hands in many situations, partly out of laziness, and partly because I felt that exposing myself to germs would "give my immune system a workout" or "vaccinate myself against these germs", making me healthier in the long run. Obviously washing one's hand in a given month will greatly reduce one's chances of getting sick during that month, but what about a lifetime of exposing oneself to germs. Now, to be clear, there were many times where I *would* wash my hands with soap and water, such as when I was handling raw meat, if I had gotten any fecal matter on my hands, if I had just pet a dog or been working with lots of change (mainly because I couldn't stand the smell), before handling any books that I didn't want to get oily, when cooking for people other than myself, etc. There were also many times that I would just rinse my hands, such as if I may have gotten urine or a bit of dirt on them. Also, I would wash them fastidiously if I was around immunocompromised people, such as when at a hospital or nursing home. Finally, I avoid hand sanitizer (I'd rather get germs in my body than traces of deadly chemicals, not that I think the chemicals would kill me, it just squicks me out more), and also avoid antibacterial soaps like the plague (antibacterial resistance, anyone?). Again, antibacterial products belong in situations involving the immunocompromised, not the general public, which exceptions for certain extreme-ish cases.
Anyway, I had wondered for a long time if my theory held any merit, but every time I tried to Google the topic I came back with a bunch of generic "wash your hands to keep healthy!" that I couldn't separate from just general accepted theory about how OMG NOT WASHING YOUR HANDS WILL MAKE YOU SICK!!!, but today I finally had luck with the search term "not washing your hands" immune system, and came across two particularly good articles on the topic:
How does not washing your hands make you a healthier person?
Microbiologists and biologists of Askscience: Is it true that not washing hands will "train" one's immune system?
In summary, exposing oneself to bacteria through not washing hands is nothing like vaccinating oneself, since vaccines are *dead* viruses, and there are so many bacteria and viruses in the world and they're all constantly mutating, so even if each time your body reacts to a pathogen it learns to recognize said pathogen, that's a drop in the bucket compared to all the other pathogens that will come along in your life. (And yes, avoiding antibacterial handsoap is still a good thing, since regular soap and friction works just as well, and again, resistance.)
I still find myself wondering if there have been any studies comparing the sickness frequency and intensity between fastidious handwashers and fastidious handwashing avoiders, but for now this is enough evidence to convince me that I need to develop a habit out of washing my hands (and not just rinse them off with water) on a much more regular basis. I also have to wonder how this all relates to the hygiene hypothesis. The second discussion I linked indicated that it might be the difference between pathogens we are exposed to in "natural" vs. "urban" environments, although scientists later in the discussion didn't feel it made sense to differentiate the two. Then again, the hygiene hypothesis is only a hypothesis, not a theory, so it may be a moot point anyway.
On a completely different subject, Tiberius escaped from the house between 9 pm and 2 am last night, and thankfully came back on his own a half-hour ago. I'm of course very happy for Tiberius and Sandy, but I'm also relieved for myself, both because I would've felt awful if something had happened to Sandy's cat and because I would've felt like I'd be a jackass for sleeping today before work rather than helping her find Tiberius or otherwise being there for her. So now I can sleep guiltlessly. ^^;
A request from my cousin, to his family and friends but that I'd like to pass on to my own friends:
As some of you have heard either through the grapevine or from myself personally, my son, Dominic passed away on Sunday, April 28th, 2013 from complications from Tuberous Sclerosis.
This is the first free time that I have had since his passing. I have been trying to keep myself busy and occupied and focusing on the others in my home. Bear in mind that I am not oblivious to the pain that is in my heart and will always be in my heart. This shit sucks.
I do not want to focus on the pain, but instead focus on the good that Dom brought in to the world while he was here. Some of you never got to meet the little turkey, but I assure you, he was definitely one of the most charming little guys you could ever meet. He had the ability to make people smile and be happy simply by saying Hi.
He had a way of lighting up a room even when he wasnt in it because people were thinking about him.
Thats what I am going to focus on. I can think about how even when he pissed me off, that he still made me giggle and smile because secretly, I knew he was just like me and his mom. Being naughty. Not listening. Being stubborn. I cant imagine whom he got those qualities from, but I love that he had them.
While Dom passing away is the most devastating thing to have ever happen in mine and Cuc's life, his life will not be in vain. With that being said, I would ask that you guys do something nice for a complete stranger. Dom was able to bring smiles to so many people when I would push him in his stroller. He would just randomly say "Hi!" to people in his little flirty voice.(For chrissakes, the kid even waved hello to birds when he was rolling in his electric Batman 4 Wheeler!) So, for the betterment of the world, I am asking pretty much everyone I come in contact with to do something nice for a stranger. Being altruistic feels good for both parties involved. So theoretically, you could be altruistic for a selfish reason and I would never know... Just saying!
Dom is gone and I will forever miss him. But by asking people to do something nice for a stranger he gets to hang out for a little while and make people smile.
Have a great weekend all,
- verify that I've been taking my meds
- take an Ativan
- figure out some short errand that I can run - enough to get me out but not so much that it'll stress me out
- visit Geoff & Kendra and the kids
- find a friend to cuddle with
- lose myself in music with the lights off
- tidy my room
- eat some (real) food, preferably including protein (sometimes I confuse calorie deprivation and anxiety)
- take a long shower or, if possible, bath
How do I say the following in formal (Mexican) Spanish?
- Did you find everything you were looking for today?
- Do you have a Balance Rewards card you would like to use?
- Would you like a bag?
- Thank you and be well.
I realize that "be well" comes off as a bit unusual in any language, but at the store I work at we're supposed to use "well" (with a deliberate connotation of healthy) in nearly all our transactions with customers, so unless it's simply impossible in Spanish, I need as accurate a translation of that particular phrase as possible.
And now back to drinking water, lying on the couch, and being annoyed at the fact that I can't be productive until this damn headache goes away. Thank god I don't have work tonight (although I did have to move my dinner plans with my dad to Monday :-/).
ETA: Just got a call from Natalis and they tried to send me my psych eval. on the 3rd, but they sent it to Rick's address and it was marked Return To Sender. Gave them my new address and they said I should get it Saturday or Monday, so yay! Now I just need to get my glasses from them... And pay them... Paying them might help... ><;
- Sun, 12:36: I broke Bryan's house and I can't fix it... #Minecraft #fail #TerribleFriend
- Sun, 21:37: Does anyone know any fast ways to lower adrenaline levels?
- Mon, 10:54: <strike>Pro</strike> Newb tip: don't put new, sharp knives in a sink full of water, and if you do, be terribly careful when taking it out.
- Sat, 01:48: It's like 10,000 chickens when all you need is a sheep! What have you gotten me into, Bryan? #Minecraft
- Sat, 08:02: The problem with boy bands intentionally catering to every "type" is there's always one who's TOTALLY not mine.
- Sat, 08:04: Also, I'm always amused by love songs sung by multiple people (i.e., bands) - they're all in a relationship with the same person?!
- Sat, 08:05: All that being said, I hate to say it, but there's a One Direction song that I like...: One Direction - Little Things: http://t.co/SBMvo3nX
- Sat, 08:08: Am I the only one that finds Taylor Swift in her "Red" get-up to be not very appealing at all? Maybe her lipstick is too dark for her?
- Sat, 08:11: RT @HipsterDarcy: I was into @L7sville before it was hip to be square. Now I'm into triangles. And lines. Dots, really. Polka dots. Also ...
- Sat, 08:58: Success! I haz a bed in my <strike>house</strike>hovel! I can sleep through the night now!! #Minecraft #procrastination #addicted
- Sat, 09:23: Success! I have a bed in my house! #Minecraft
- Thu, 12:13: I hate it when people talk about committing "hairy-kerry". WTF is that? #headdesk
- Thu, 12:35: Does anyone have any favorite E/E dictionary apps for iOS?
- Thu, 13:05: "Take a deep breath / Open your eyes / Sweet slumber's over / It's time to rise" http://t.co/YMlkOogh
- Thu, 13:07: "You can fight lika krogan, run lika leopard but you'll never get discount like Commander Shepard" *sporfle*
- Thu, 13:33: @miracleofsound Have you ever considered releasing karaoke tracks of your stuff? Or a bootleg of your performance at the Escapist Expo?
- Thu, 16:18: Critical bathroom supplies at the Christiansen-Riemermann residence. http://t.co/UQdUzy3u
- Fri, 07:24: "She says pot is unsafe and ineffective. Not a medicine, but an addictive, dangerous drug. [...] FDA will never...
- Fri, 07:26: ...approve a smoked vehicle for any product to be deemed a medicine." So much absurd bias here it's not even funny.
- Fri, 09:02: "it’s unfortunate that “virgin” is a social punch line in a country where Plan B isn't available over the counter" Amen.
- Fri, 09:05: It's amazing how just a photo can punch you so very hard in your gut. I feel sick...
- Wed, 14:31: "Bats are nocturnal!" #BatmanBegins
- Wed, 15:37: Someone needs to explain to me how that microwave didn't just boil everyone's bodies. #BatmanBegins
- Wed, 15:57: Don't you love it when your mind insists on replaying shamefully embarrassing memories?
- Wed, 16:30: Apparently I used 62 MB of mobile data just today - wtf? I'm wondering if I wasn't connected to my WiFi at home today...
- Wed, 18:53: At Flight with my dad and sister at the Riverview. Hoping I'm not too tired to stay awake...
- Thu, 06:18: Have any parents considered not doing Santa/the Tooth Fairy/Easter Bunny/etc.?
- Thu, 07:16: I can't hear the Tetris theme without thinking of the Complete History Of The Soviet Union: http://t.co/D68g2Rwo
- Thu, 08:02: Every time I hear "Ducard" my brain interprets it as "Dukat". #BatmanBegins #DeepSpaceNine #nerd
- Thu, 11:26: Wow, the Mana Bar IS tiny... Mana Bar Melbourne - Exclusive Pre-Launch Walk through: http://t.co/ISFGVCoX
- Tue, 13:40: Our washing machine's shaking just knocked one of the ornaments off of our Christmas tree. #TrailerLifeProblem #WTF
- Tue, 21:48: Bike's broken (my bike and pants broke each-other), and the bus to work passed me by before stopping for me half a block away. O.o
- Tue, 23:34: My failed vanilla-less fudge has been surprisingly popular with my co-workers and one customer I shared it with.
- Wed, 00:55: To all my retail friends, happy The Christmas Music Is Over Day!
- Wed, 07:21: Free for the next six nights!!! #TGIFuckingF
- Sun, 17:10: That'll probably be the last time I make fudge... #ReasonsIShouldntCook #HeartAttack http://t.co/TKwFFqJV
- Sun, 17:13: I know it sounds stupid to say about myself, but I'm so glad I'm not hurt - imagine if I weren't wearing pants at the time.
- Sun, 17:22: Oh, fuck, I know what happened - I forgot I wasn't supposed to have the water at a rolling boil. ><;
- Sun, 17:37: Alright, I'm calm enough now to go back out, clean up, and see if I can't salvage my fudge.
- Sun, 18:41: Glass is cleaned up, fudge is in the fridge, dishes are more-or-less taken care of. Eating this green pepper and then back to bed.
- Sun, 18:42: RT @wilw: Not sure what baffles me more: the existence of vending machine caviar, or the existence of people who buy vending machine caviar.
- Mon, 01:27: I just realized I forgot to put the vanilla extract in my fudge today. ><;
- Mon, 09:32: Any idea of good seeds for my "2000s Radio" Pandora station? Also for the '90s...
- Mon, 09:39: Just to be contrary to the holiday: Springtime for Hitler - The Producers (1968): http://t.co/gdvBJQqk
- Thu, 12:31: Porkchops cooked in beer and sauerkraut, and a mug of gl�hwein, both courtesy of the roomie. I feel so German.
- Thu, 16:58: "And she may cry, but her tears will dry / When I hand the keys to a shiny new Australia"
- Fri, 02:18: Let me tell you how much I love the headaches I get when they wax the floors at work... And I can't get any work done to boot!
- Fri, 05:28: Warning: Nice! egg nog is no good. Get the real stuff.
- Fri, 11:35: NEED. http://t.co/eCRLaify </ul
- Wed, 13:16: Saut�ed some old diced onions in EVOO, threw in the green beans and peas from last night, added spices & an egg. http://t.co/mTm4IzNC
- Wed, 13:29: Forgot to mention that I spiced it with fresh-ground pepper and Mrs. Dash - finished it and it was nummy. :)
- Wed, 14:07: Wow... I don't know if I feel worse for Lizzie or Lydia...: Dear Lizzie: http://t.co/80rDQQHy via @youtube
- Wed, 15:11: *sporfles* Gotta love dark humor. http://t.co/5T8Zns5m
- Wed, 15:49: That might've been easier: http://t.co/4ASD0zaC
- Wed, 15:51: Seeing as I actually love these movies, I'm actually thinking I'll buy them if I have money left after the holidays: http://t.co/qsNaHMZR
- Wed, 15:54: Oh wow, let's see how much we can mangle the atmosphere of the movies in this trailer? http://t.co/z7G5hlGI
- Wed, 15:55: So, parents of the world, is this accurate? http://t.co/QRjC9YE5
- Wed, 16:01: "I'd go just because of the actors. And because you want to go. And because it's at the Riverview." <3 my dad. And the Riverview.
- Thu, 08:57: For My Little Pony fans among you (perfect slogan): Friendship is Money Wallet http://t.co/EVuYqnD7
- Tue, 13:16: Argh, how much is 2 oz. of avocado? I wish I had a kitchen scale...
- Tue, 15:04: Both the salsa for tonight's tuna steaks and the chocolate avocado fudge are in the fridge. Now time to clean. ><;
- Tue, 15:07: I have to say, though, I think I would've preferred the salsa without the 1/2 tsp. salt the recipe called for.
- Tue, 16:14: Best Christmas cookie-making experience ever? How to make Christmas cookies!: http://t.co/s7Hdbd5B via @youtube
- Wed, 10:16: Animation morning with Sandy! The He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special, The Thief and the Cobbler, and Sita Sings the Blues. #RoommateWin
- Wed, 11:01: I've liked most of the recipes in The Healthy College Cookbook, but after making its pancakes, I'm rejecting that particular recipe.
- Mon, 15:15: Note to self: when missing money, check your recent iTunes purchases first. That's usually where it is.
- Mon, 15:23: In the interest of publicly shaming myself into better spending habits, I spent $216.37 since pay-day.
- Mon, 17:01: Sometimes it takes a while to find the right songs, but never underestimate the power of music to calm depressive spells. Mumford & Sons <3
- Tue, 05:59: Great - Windows is only starting in safe mode for me...
- Tue, 06:02: Trying system restore now.
- Tue, 06:19: w007, the restore worked!!! #ラッキー
- Tue, 06:34: To my friends with iOS (6) devices, would you recommend using an anti-virus app? If so, which one?
- Tue, 06:40: Tee hee. The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3: IN LEGO: http://t.co/evcNE5H1 via @youtube
- Mon, 09:24: I'm tired of people expecting me to do things I'm incapable of.
- Sat, 17:00: In steam punk worlds, isn't it kind of annoying to have to constantly refill shit with water? Are there people paid to do JUST that?
- Sat, 17:24: Let me just say I'm going to be rather disappointed if #MassEffect3 doesn't get a real ED like the first #MassEffect did - loved "M4, Pt. 2"
- Sat, 22:50: Message me with your address if you want a Hanukkah card.
- Sun, 00:59: This needs to be illegal. http://t.co/TQzMjRvx
- Sun, 03:06: Finding depression starting to get to me again...
- Sun, 11:08: via @TheOnion - Report: It Okay To Spend Rest Of Day Curled In Fetal Position Under Desk http://t.co/oaSKN6li - Satire with so much truth.
- Sun, 11:10: No spoilers, but regarding episode 9x09 of #GreysAnatomy, let me just say YAY!!!! <3
- Thu, 13:18: I want my #OUYA already...
- Thu, 13:35: RT @MarketplaceTech: Who updated to iOS 6 today after waiting for the Google Maps App? Come on we know you're out there.
- Thu, 13:35: THE GOOGLE MAPS APP IS OUT!!!
- Thu, 13:42: RT @surisburnbook: The Apatow girls are doing formalwear right. http://t.co/CCzJJvZw
- Thu, 14:56: Thanks to my infinitely more dextrous/patient roommate, as well as her spare tube, I NOW HAVE MY SNOW TIRE INSTALLED!! #CheapWinterCommuting
- Thu, 14:56: I also wiped my bike down and oiled it, though I'm having trouble figuring out where to oil the break cables.
- Thu, 16:15: Considering that I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep so far today, I think I'm gonna have to skip MAS.
- Thu, 16:16: RT @feliciaday: I feel Light headed from eating too healthy today. Going to buy a donut.
- Thu, 23:57: I am wearing too many layers to be this cold INDOORS. ><; #FreezyBaby
- Fri, 01:37: Mandated puppy genocide creates jobs, too. You need better arguments.
- Thu, 01:05: Gah - listening to Nutrition Diva and she keeps pronounces "miso" with a "z" sound. ><;;;
- Thu, 01:06: I need to play Dragon Age, if only so I can listen to "Age of the Dragon" without associating it with when I was dating Richard...
- Thu, 02:45: Why is there music playing in the break room? This is supposed to be a place of refuge. #NotRelaxed #CantNap
- Thu, 06:21: Pedobear much? (Either that or he's high.) http://t.co/uu2NnTKH
- Thu, 08:12: There are some days that I'm truly amazed that I don't have type 2 diabetes. <- totally didn't eat 1230 kcals worth of candy this morning
- Thu, 08:57: Just had my first death in #MassEffect3, and I'm pretty sad about it. Poor ******...
- Thu, 09:11: Yay for the cockpit comedy show. :) #MassEffect3
- Tue, 14:21: Woke up from my nap after around 3.5 hours and I desperately want some caffeine, but I know that'll make going back to sleep harder... :(
- Tue, 14:22: RT @caitlinmoran: Undecided about gay marriage? Ask yourself: "What would the cast of Star Trek: Next Generation do?" #voteyes #wearjump ...
- Tue, 16:15: On a "Fuck You" (Lily Allen, not Cee Lo Green) kick today. Just not wanting to deal with the bigots. http://t.co/cuVlS5Ek
- Tue, 16:37: Anyone have a recommended flashcard app for iOS, preferably one that supports Unicode?
- Tue, 17:11: Letting my bike melt before putting on the snow tires. Will have to make room in the tiny shed tomorrow... http://t.co/3avl34dH
- Tue, 17:19: RT @the_moviebob: Possible column idea: "The 100 Most Boring Opinions in Geek Culture." Please note lack of the word 'incorrect.'
- Tue, 18:10: As much as I hate explicit double-standards, I'm contemplating my own tendency towards double-standards when it comes to viewing emotions...
- Tue, 18:11: ...as worth catering to. You have to not raise your voice to me because it makes me feel l like you're mad at me, but I don't need to...
- Tue, 18:13: ...respect your desire to avoid certain lines of conversation. YAY FOR ME BEING A HYPOCRITE! #InterpersonalRelationships
- Tue, 20:52: Trying to put on my snow tire. "Trying" being the key word. #FML http://t.co/ydcvmij9
A: just watch the first like... min or 2
B: after that its just opinion bullshit
B: The castle doctrine is such bullshit
B: I can go with using deadly force to protect your life, but not your property
A: how can you know if someone that's breaking into your house is JUST going to take property?
A: and not kill you in the process
A: ... corpses can't call cops
B: Just being IN your house isn't enough to have any reasonable suspicion that your life is in danger
A: also, if a burglar comes in, steals your shit, and sees you there but notices you unwilling/able to stop them
B: Any more than someone just being on your lawn
A: that will... and HAS resulted in multiple repeat thefts
A: if someone BREAKS into your house
A: so, you think there should be a dedicated, noticeable, verifiable threat before someone can defend themself?
B: I would say that there needs to be at least reasonable suspicion
B: At LEAST
A: and if you wake up at 3am to the sound of breaking glass
B: Some verbal threat
A: to find 3 men in black clothing and masks breaking into your DVD/movie collection
A: they have to say "i'm going to kill you" before you're able to have a reasonable suspicion they'll cause you bodily harm
B: I'm saying hide in your bedroom with a baseball bat
B: or even gun
B: Maybe aimed at the door
A: so, you'll agree to a 'castle doctrine'
B: If they come in and don't put their hands in the air, then shoot
A: but your castle is just your bedroom
A: what if they're coming into your bedroom just to steal the jewelry in the bedside chest?
A: and haven't said anything about causing you bodily harm?
A: "hey, i dont want to hurt you, i'm just going to steal everything you own"
B: Do they put their hands in the air when they notice the gun pointed at them?
A: no, they dont make any threatening move but to start taking your plasma TV you have at the foot of your bed
B: Then no, don't shoot them
B: Let them take the damn TV
A: so, whats to stop people from stealing?
B: Their life >>>>>>> your TV
B: No question
B: And call the cops the second they leave
A: you are aware that MOST home burglaries never get solved, correct?
B: Their life >>>>>>> all of your property
A: we're talking a resounding proportion
B: Still doesn't legitimize murder
B: That's essentally assigning the death penalty to unarmed robbery
B: WITHOUT due process, no less
B: Are you going to say that if someone steals your stuff and they get arrested and convicted, but your stuff is irretrievable, that they deserve to die?
B: Just for the sake of setting an example for other would-be burlgars?
A: what if they're going to rape you?
B: Anyway, regarding rape...
B: Yeah, I'd say lethal force is alright
A: it isn't threatening your life, rape
B: Anyway, I still feel comfortable using lethal force against a physical attack on your body
- Mon, 12:41: @ThingsIWantForChristmas: A tupperware container that perfectly fits one block of tofu with a layer of water covering the top.
- Mon, 14:15: RT @doctorfailure: Got $25k? Why buy a cheap car when you can buy a giant Super Nintendo collection: http://t.co/p9CbHP2W
- Mon, 14:16: Dear snow, If you finish melting today, I PROMISE I'll make sure to put on my snow tires immediately after the snow's gone.
- Mon, 15:15: URGENT: Does anyone have a good recipe for whole-wheat bread? Neither Google nor the Food Network website are serving me well.
- Mon, 15:24: Continuing to look for bread recipes, and apparently pretty much ALL of them are for two loaves. Too bad I have only one bread pan...
- Mon, 15:24: (I'm not comfortable enough with baking to simply halve the recipe and call it a day.)
- Mon, 16:12: RT @miracleofsound: Rihanna leaks nude pictures, has perfume named 'Nude'. Entire internet Googles 'Rihanna Nude'. Genius.
- Mon, 16:18: Is it weird that VanJess reminds me of Garfunkel and Oates? The Wanted - Glad You Came (Cover): http://t.co/bQFvFNia
- Mon, 16:19: #ThingsINeedToStopDoing: Rubbing my eyes while I have moisturizer on my hands. #ow
- Mon, 16:34: It's amazing how I can be productive for pretty much 12 hours straight and *still* wonder where the day went. Time flies when you're not...
- Sun, 12:04: LOL - the narrator of the TNG season 2 preview just pronounced Data's name wrong. This being the season where Pulaski mispronounces it...
- Sun, 12:06: ...as well and dismisses Data's correction. Odd thing is, he pronounced it in a way that isn't even a real word (dah-tah).
- Sun, 12:20: Wow... Slavery, to literacy/imagination, to the United Federation of Planets. It really IS thought-provoking, even as it's a coincidence.
- Sun, 15:32: #ThingsThatIrritateMe: Kitchen redundancies.
- Sun, 18:35: I love the luminosity of the sky on a snowy night... #SimpleThings #ILoveMinnesota
- Mon, 05:07: The more I think of it, the more I actually PREFER "Happy Holidays" when it isn't Christmas Eve or Day - it's more embracing and grand.
- Mon, 07:44: Watching the extended edition of Avatar with the roomie while eating box-made brownies and shrimp crackers.
- Mon, 08:08: RT @the_moviebob: Like, slice up taters, soak em in buffalo sauce for a day or two, then fry
- Mon, 08:08: RT @the_moviebob: I AM A FAST FOOD PIONEER TRAPPED IN A FILM CRITIC'S BODY!!!
- Mon, 09:20: What is it with me and mixing words? I just said "upcry" instead of "outcry" or "uproar"... ^^; #derp
- Sat, 14:28: @GrammarGirl Re: your last episode, doesn't "moisten" just mean "make the surface wet, vs. "moisturize" mean "make to retain moisture"?
- Sat, 19:39: Joker never wants to talk to me anymore... :( #MassEffect3
- Sat, 19:44: RT Here is what will happen. I will spend the next 6 hours agonizing over whether or not she will like it, go to buy it, it will be sold
- Sat, 20:52: Gonna wear my Star of David under my shirt (been wearing it over recently) during Channukah, methinks. #AtheistJewishDescendantProblems
- Sun, 05:56: RT @scottEweinberg: UPS and Fedex are biased against people who work nights and sleep during the day. :-(
- Sun, 06:13: RT @hipstermermaid: 17 shopping days left until your loved ones find out how little you understand them.
- Sun, 06:23: RT @Mike_Doughty_: // @Lucybug20 did you accept the offer (car, not weed)? // I did NOT. That stoners believe they can drive better then ...
- Sun, 10:24: "You and your survival instincts. You're supposed to be more worried about what khloe kardashian had for dessert last week" - Sandy
- Sun, 10:29: うちの猫も日本語勉強したいようだ。 http://t.co/AWDl443t
- Sun, 10:56: I can never decide whether I want to watch my TNG Blu-Rays in German or Japanese. #FirstWorldProblems #LanguageNerdProblems
- Fri, 12:26: Watching My Neighbor Totoro with my 4-year-old cousin.
- Fri, 19:10: I was just able to enter my complicated password from memory for the first time! Yay!! #TookLongEnough
- Sat, 04:50: Is there some law I'm unaware of that cats are REQUIRED to knock over every glass if water they come across? Esp. when humans are asleep.
- Sat, 05:35: I wish the PS3 had playlist support for videos... It's so annoying having to constantly manually start the next one. #FirstWorldProblems
- Wed, 12:42: Just watched The Secret of Roan Inish (aka Naked Baby Movie) with Sandy. I love going back to that one.
- Wed, 12:43: RT @JimSterling: Currently working on a music project with @miracleofsound. Having my insect voice recorded alongside his is intimidatin ...
- Thu, 01:49: Well, I definitely succeeded in "sleeping in like a mo-fo" today - woke up about 4 hours after I usually start work.
- Thu, 01:54: Well, I definitely succeeded at "sleeping in like a mo-fo" - woke up about 4.5 hours after I've been getting up lately, and 4 hours after...
- Thu, 01:54: ...I usually start work. Need to make sure not to slide into a totally useless sleep schedule this week.
- Thu, 02:07: #ReasonsIDontConsiderMyselfAPatriot Disability Treaty Downed By Republican Opposition http://t.co/Zt3fzW4K via @HuffPostPol
- Thu, 02:07: #ReasonsIDontConsiderMyselfAPatriot We never ratified the Kyoto Protocol
- Thu, 02:09: Actually, perhaps I meant more #ReasonsImNotProudToBeAnAmerican than #ReasonsIDontConsiderMyselfAPatriot
- Thu, 09:19: Does anyone else find it unusually difficult to type hashtags? I always accidentally insert spaces and punctuation marks...
- Thu, 09:19: RT @LiamMaguire77: @UnvirtuousAbbey for shop assistants on minimum wage, forced to listen to the same 10 Christmas songs on repeat for 8 ...
- Tue, 13:29: Why on earth does Troi call Riker "du"? #STTNG 2x01 #DeutscheSynchro
- Tue, 22:52: 9 hours until my 6-night weekend! =D
- Tue, 23:36: I'm inma
- Tue, 23:39: I'm gonna sleep in like a mo-fo tomorrow. ^^;
- Wed, 00:02: Holy mother of Minnesota, it's freezing at work today...
- Wed, 01:48: Mou kanzen ni akirametai.
- Wed, 08:08: Nothing to end your workday like a good bout of crying.
- Mon, 12:00: Best Lizzie Bennet episode ever? Y/Y: Summer Friends - Ep: 69: http://t.co/n6zkVV9D via @youtube
- Mon, 12:13: Despite admitting that DD/MM/YY makes more sense that MM/DD/YY, it still throws me off. I much prefer YY/MM/DD, anyway, ESPECIALLY in the...
- Mon, 12:13: ...computer age.
- Mon, 12:19: Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge (formerly Kate Middleton) is officially pregnant. :) The tabloids can stop pretending now...
- Mon, 12:21: Huh... Did Diana return to being "Diana Frances Spencer after getting divorced?
- Mon, 12:27: Oooh, yay! :) Apparently although not (yet?) in legislation, even if the Duke and Duchess' first-born child is a girl, she'll be next in...
- Mon, 12:28: ...line for the throne after William, as confirmed by the British Cabinet Office. :)
- Mon, 13:22: Serious question: England has the queen, Japan has the emperor, Germany has the president... What does the U.S. have? The First Lady? VP?
- Mon, 13:27: Heh, I like the idea of the male equivalent of the First Lady being the First Laddy.
- Mon, 14:12: Liara's actually making eye contact with me during our conversation! #MassEffect3 #WhyArentIAsleep?
- Sun, 16:36: Do people not realize how absurd this looks? Warren London Pawdicure Pet Nail-Polish Pens - http://t.co/AXNpv7ZF
- Sun, 16:40: Thanks to @loadingreadyrun, I downloaded Kanye West's "Power" and have been listening to it far too much.
- Sun, 21:07: How do I sleep pretty much the whole day and I'm still tired? :(
- Sun, 21:22: Proof that violins > guitars: "Where Have You Been" on violin by The Mad Violinist w Matt Barrett: http://t.co/8aEeYm9e via @youtube
- Mon, 00:27: Experiment for getting my shit done at work today: listening to music instead of podcats, starting with my Ganbaru Mikkusu. #ganbarimasu
- Mon, 05:52: TV GUIDE described the BBC's Sherlock as being from PBS. #whut #AmericaCentricMuch?
- Mon, 09:37: Interpersonal relationships are fun, aren't they? ^_^;;
- Mon, 10:02: HATE this Christmas song. Who wrote the lyrics, anyway?… SoundHoundからのAndy WilliamsのHappy Holiday/The Holiday Season http://t.co/JOkIvofq
- Sat, 12:24: I has a Phoebe! #BabysittingYay #NotSleepingBoo
- Sat, 12:29: Also, we have The Little Mermaid running in the background - haven't seen this movie in over a decade! #GoodMovies #nostalgia
- Sat, 12:55: I hate the promotion of love at first sight. Sure, infatuation at first site can grow into real love and a healthy relationship, but it's...
- Sat, 12:56: ...NOT "love", and not to healthy to treat as such.
- Sat, 17:01: Done babysitting, feeding myself, and doing dishes - now to get in 4 hours of sleep before getting up for work. >.>
- Sun, 00:27: Cold, tired, and busy. I can't go home soon enough. :(
- Sun, 00:29: Oh, hey, Twin Cities people: I need something to do Tuesday, possibly overnight. Anyone want to hang out in the evening, at least?
- Fri, 20:19: I SLEPT THROUGH THE DAY TODAY!!! Still tired, but it's progress. :)
- Fri, 20:22: Linguists and those who speak such dialects: in dialects that use the double negative, is it possible to use intonation or whatever to...
- Fri, 20:23: ...the "weak positive" as it does in SAE?
- Sat, 02:56: You know, election day SHOULD be a national holiday. #TellMeMore
- Sat, 08:27: I challenged my co-worker who wants to be a music producer to come up with and record an R&B (possibly hood) version of The Proclaimers'...
- Sat, 08:27: ..."5,000 Miles" and he accepted. I'm excited to see what he'll come up with. ^_^
- Sat, 09:02: I don't even know... http://t.co/2rTbZxNx
- Sat, 10:09: Great... My toilet's not flushing, and from my layperson's inspection, I think I need to replace at least one part.
- Thu, 16:20: Wish I could go to the ST:TNG season 2 event tonight. :( Boo for having not checked the date until the DAY OF. :-/
- Thu, 19:39: The problem with cleaning for me is that once I start, I can't seem to stop. ><; Also, where on earth is my egg timer?! Or egg spoons...
- Thu, 22:04: Done with EVERYTHING but brushing my hair and getting dressed - time for a power nap before work.
- Fri, 03:15: Crappy shift is crappy. Relaxing with the lights off, listening to "Sakura Nagashi", drinking tea, and eating Zebra Cakes.
- Fri, 04:23: What evil linguistic god decided to make "aural" and "oral" homonyms?
- Fri, 07:03: My back hates me like something that is angry at me.
- Fri, 09:56: MIGHT get used to it, but for now I HATE the new iTunes. What's the obsession with switching from lists to tiles? And I hate not being...
- Fri, 09:57: ...able to easily switch between views of what's on my my computer vs. iPod...
- Fri, 09:58: Like seriously, I'm struggling to perform all the tasks I used to perform so easily on the old iTunes.
- Fri, 10:06: And the angels sing! view -> show sidebar #MuchRelievedSassa
- Wed, 16:16: You certainly know how to make a girl feel secure, huh, Garrus? #MassEffect3
- Wed, 16:29: Shepherd: "You'd go crazy within an hour." Mordin: "Might run tests on the seashells." #MassEffect3
- Wed, 18:31: "And here was my little daughter, at age 8, inventing anal sex." LOL #Wits #NPR #APM #ModernParenting
- Tue, 12:38: "I would just like to point out that too many bubble together equals foam." - NPR: Planet Money Podcast
- Tue, 12:41: I've been watching this far too often for my own good: http://t.co/itp7xvz6 #LoadingReadyRun #DesertBus #DesertPower #iTunesPlease
- Tue, 12:53: "Could've been somebody's son" Umm, that's kinda a guarantee. Two somebodies', actually.
- Tue, 12:57: Having leftover rice microwaved in milk with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixed in, and then a bit of heavy cream added. Nom.
- Tue, 13:28: And of COURSE my brain reads it as "Do They Know It's Hannukah"... http://t.co/pdsPXqXc
- Tue, 13:32: Too awesome!! <3 Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Join Boy Meets World Spin-Off Pilot http://t.co/6RZK8ETJ via @tvguide
- Tue, 13:35: I need this. ThinkGeek :: Pi Firejewel Necklace http://t.co/fy4ciGCf
- Tue, 14:46: I need to find a sleep mask that doesn't irritate my ears after a few hours...
- Tue, 16:29: Doing ALL the dishes! And this is why dish backlog is a bad thing...
- Tue, 16:32: I really want Annoying Facebook Girl to do a certain caption just so I can share it in hopes that a certain someone will see it.
- Mon, 13:53: Shopping today - Pro: my cereal was 50% off - my cereal's NEVER on sale, especially not that much. Con: forgot to buy bread. ><;
- Mon, 14:39: Holy shit, is the TokiKake Blu-Ray really out of print?! And used copies are running from $77 on Amazon. O.o #BestChristmasPresent
- Mon, 14:41: Which reminds me, I REALLY need to get the last Utena and Madoka Magica sets before they sell out (assuming they haven't already).
- Mon, 15:54: Dear Kindle app for iOS, My iPod can be set to the Japanese language without me living IN Japan, you know. Region lock FAIL.
- Mon, 15:55: Good thing I found an easy-enough work-around in the end.
- Mon, 16:08: Alright, body. You've woken up, you've putzed for two hours, now BACK TO BED.
- Mon, 17:05: @GrammarGirl Is "Remind me what song this is a parody of?" acceptable in less-than-formal writing? Using a period makes it seem rude to me.
- Mon, 17:06: Is "Remind me what song this is a parody of?" acceptable in less-than-formal writing? Using a period makes it seem rude to me...
- Mon, 17:31: ONE of these days I'll remember to brush my teeth BEFORE taking a shower... >.>
- Mon, 17:39: RT @suterb42: We were all put on this earth to not be a dick. Don't let anyone tell you different. @wilw Vonnegut'd
- Sun, 12:07: While not actually a Christmas song, Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson's "Winter Song" should be on your list: http://t.co/9RcUc7Ci
- Sun, 12:08: And for a Hannuka addition, Barenaked Ladies' "Hanukkah Blessings": http://t.co/8ChizyDy
- Sun, 12:12: Hmm... Mayhaps I should transfer my current collection of Christmas music to my PS3 for Beat Hazard-age. Nothing like shooting for Christmas
- Sun, 22:12: Donuts for breakfast and lunch since I woke up too late to have anything other than a large spoonful of Nutella. Joy.
- Sun, 23:30: I just realized, I had a dream las night where I think someone sad "sechs", which I interpreted as "Zechs", and then, in the dream, busted..
- Sun, 23:31: ...out into the first few lines of "Just Communication". #NerdDreams #GundamWing
- Mon, 02:32: Santa: the ultimate stalker.
- Mon, 03:33: To EVERYONE in the Twin Cities: do you have any food allergies, and are there any baked goods you particularly like or dislike?
- Mon, 07:14: In what world is "we've always just thrown them away" a legitimate reason to prevent me from recycling something? *stabs co-worker*
- Mon, 09:14: Made the salmon I started thawing in the fridge 21 hours ago, and it turned out pretty good. Going to bed now - I'll clean when I wake up.
- Sat, 12:05: Does anyone know of any pizza places near Hilltop other than Papa John's, Pizza Hut and Dominoes, preferably that does delivery?
- Sat, 13:14: Ugh, I have a really bad nesting impulse right now. Thank goodness my bank account's empty...
- Sat, 13:14: (Not that that'll keep me from adding far too much to my Amazon wish list...)
- Sat, 13:16: @TeaSource Do you have any recommendations for organizing tea collections?
- Sat, 23:23: Thanksgivng is definitely not worth it when you work third shift... It messed me up so much. ><;
- Sun, 00:49: What the actual fuck. Apparently we're not even allowed to wear the Land's End polo anymore...
- Sun, 07:57: Got off work too late to go to meeting. Le boo.
- Sun, 09:12: Yeah, definitely too tired for meeting. Sleep nao.
- Sun, 10:58: Playing Stomp Stomp Revolution for the first time in far too long. (Now with more PS3.)
- Sun, 10:59: RT @expatina: Santa will be captured and sent to Guantanahohoho. #waronchristmas
- Fri, 14:05: My most-hated Christmas song: Santa Baby.
- Fri, 14:10: OMG... So, I started listening to a Pride and Prejudice audiobook, and the kept talking about a sister called "Kitty", who was never...
- Fri, 14:11: ...referred to in any of @TheLizzieBennet or @TheLydiaBennet's vlogs, until she showed up in Lydia's last one. And then I realized. Meow!
- Fri, 14:15: Other recent examples of my depery: not realizing why one of Jason Mraz' albums is titled Mr. A-Z, and that the adjectival form of...
- Fri, 14:15: ..."humility" is "humble. (Or rather, taking about 5 minutes to figure it out.)
- Fri, 14:17: Meet Kitty Bennet! http://t.co/Pe3MbeBT
- Fri, 15:56: I was kinda excited about Tropes vs. Women, but I've decided I'm pretty much ready to dismiss Feminist Frequency. I mean, sometimes I...
- Fri, 15:57: ...agree with her, but more often I just feel like she's forgetting storytelling is ABOUT exploitation of its characters.
- Fri, 16:02: The idea of having a 182-episode sci-fi series without exploiting the creative abilities of a woman is kind of lazy. Do we need ANOTHER...
- Fri, 16:02: ...holodeck episode. (Mind you, I'm in a rush and my wording could've used tweaking.)
- Thu, 13:28: Since my own family's Thankgsiving is tomorrow, I'm heading out to spend time with Sandy's family. I'm grateful we'll be back in time to nap
- Thu, 13:57: Talking to some friends about Quaker meeting: "So they don't talk about right and wrong or anything?" ^^; The other person got it, though.
- Thu, 17:35: Sleep time, part two. #zzzz
- Fri, 03:48: I need to learn to be less judgemental, for the sake of both my sanity and character. #GoodLuckWithThat
- Fri, 05:10: Happy Rebecca Black Friday!
- Wed, 17:37: Will someone explain to me WHY the Alliance was so peeved with Shepherd after ME2? I must be forgetting something...
- Thu, 01:47: I've decided that Adele needs to release a holiday album.
- Thu, 02:37: Eating Hostess Suzy Q's just to try them before they're gone.
- Thu, 02:46: Alright, Suzy Q's are disgusting. I wasn't missing anything.
- Thu, 05:59: Nothing like wrking overnights to make me want to strangle my co-workers...
- Thu, 06:17: Song lyrics that piss me off: "this little girl is mine". Ugh.
- Tue, 21:03: This looks fun! $125 for a 2-Hour Simulated Spy Mission for Two at Sealed Mindset Firearms Studio - $250 Value #pd - http://t.co/VMU4qBJ6
- Tue, 21:29: I have no idea where my Thermos is. :( *crosses my fingers that it's at work* Guess I'm having bagged tea tonight?
- Tue, 23:54: Came into work today for the first time in a week yearning fr glasses. Everything looked wrong...
- Wed, 03:17: I hate when anti-gay marriage peple say votes for marriage eqaulity were due to outspending. How ignorant...
- Wed, 03:49: So exhausted...
- Mon, 13:21: "WRPG fans? Shut up. JRPG fans? Do the same. Get over yourselves and just play YOUR games. Deal with it." <3
- Mon, 13:27: I need to go to the laundromat to wash my warm comforter, but I can't find my iPod. #FirstWorldProblems
- Mon, 15:24: Holy shit, this comforter's huge... http://t.co/WXRYHyYv
- Mon, 16:32: I love living in 2012... Watching Rihanna performing live from London from my bedroom (for free and legally, no less).
- Mon, 16:58: "Run This Town" - w007! *rocks out*
- Mon, 17:00: Okay... That song kinda sucks without Kanye's part - I guess that's why it was so short. Good choice, planners.
- Mon, 18:37: Only one Famous Dave's cornbread muffin left, and I told myself I'd save it for the roomie. I really need to learn to make my own...
- Mon, 18:47: Audio podcast of the all of Pride and Prejudice! Now to decide if I want to wait for @TheLizzieBennet to finish... https://t.co/LhruNaY7
- Tue, 05:03: Obama's visiting Burma :)
- Tue, 05:44: According to Obama, NOBODY wants tax increases on those making under $250,000. Umm... *raises my hand*